Introducing a restaurant point of sale system into your business means better dining experiences, attracting new and repeat customers, and overall business growth. These technology solutions range from simple systems to full service solutions that route tickets to the kitchen, monitor inventory, accept coupons, and facilitate loyalty programs.The right POS solution can help optimize every area of a restaurant, including simplifying front-of-house and back office operations. Automating these processes means fewer errors, less waste, and more time serving customers and planning for future expansion.
What is a Restaurant POS System?
A restaurant point of sale system is a technology solution comprised of software and hardware components that process sales and help manage your operations.
Restaurant point of sale systems offer a myriad of benefits to restaurants. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Faster Checkout: A restaurant point of sale system shaves minutes off of every restaurant visit, expediting wait times and helping lines move more quickly. Restaurant technology like tableside ordering and payments eliminates time consuming back-and-forth to the POS terminal, resulting in faster table turns. Order accuracy is improved with automatic POS prompts that prevent errors and mix-ups.
- Smarter Business Management: Restaurant point of sale systems collect and organize data that can be used to make smarter business decisions– saving you money, time, and resources. They help you gain deeper insight into your inventory, employees, table management, and customer behavior.
- Stronger Customer Relationships: Loyalty programs and special promotions help you communicate with customers and offer discounts and special promotions. Customers are more likely to choose your restaurant over the competition if they know they can count on efficient service and earn points, coupons, or free appetizers. Loyalty programs and other measurable promotions can help you improve communication with customers and better understand their needs. Like most people, customers are creatures of habit and will choose a restaurant, products and service where they are recognized and appreciated.
- Detailed Tracking & Reporting: You should choose a restaurant point of sale system that presents information in easy-to-read reports by the shift, hour, day, week, month or year. Visibility into your data helps reveal important statistics and identify trends in sales forecasting, ordering processes, and marketing promotions.
Is it Time to Upgrade Your Restaurant Technology?
A restaurant point of sale system should give you the functionality and insight you need to maintain positive customer relationships and streamline day-to-day operations.
Does your current POS meet all your unique needs? Is your POS service provider there for you on site 24/7? If your restaurant POS is more of a hassle than a help, it may be time to look for a new system and a new technology partner. Look for these warning signs in your current point of sale system to determine if it might be time for a change.
- Too many clicks to complete a transaction, causing lines to move slowly
- The point of sale system is complicated to learn and use
- No data management or comprehensive reports
- No loyalty program capability
- Inactive tech support
- No inventory management, making counting and guessing necessary
- No table or menu management
- Limited scalability and integration capabilities
- No local hardware or software support which could result in extended system outages
Reaching Restaurant Success
Are you ready to ramp up your business? Look for the best provider that can meet your specific restaurant needs. Choose a company that offers a consultative approach and offers complimentary technology solutions designed to enhance the performance of your POS system. If you can, choose a local company that offers dedicated service and on-site training and technicians when needed. If there’s ever an issue, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your provider has your back and will be there to help.
Think it might be time to take the next step? CRS Solutions offers industry proven solutions that reduce costs, increase profits, and get you the best results for your restaurant. Contact us for a free consultation today.
A restaurant point of sale system is the key to managing your business efficiently and profitably. This technology can help lower your operation costs, make smarter business choices, and increase customer satisfaction.